When creating your Reference page in MLA, be aware that:
- The Works Cited page should be a separate page attached to the end of your paper.
- The title - Works Cited should be centered at the top of the page.
- The margins should be set at 1 inch.
- Paste your citations in alphabetical order on the page.
- The citations should be aligned left and double-spaced.
- All lines after the first line of each entry in your reference list should be indented one-half inch from the left margin. This is called hanging indentation.
For more information check out this MLA Works Cited Page: Basic Format page from Purdue OWL.
Here's an example of an MLA formatted Works Cited page
Some Common Problems to Look For
Most databases do a great job with formatting citations, however, there may be times when you will have to clean up your Works Cited page. Here are a few things to look for.
Capitalization - Make sure names and titles are not in all-caps.