Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find Gene Information
*Search for your gene by symbol, full name, or classification.
The Genetics Home Reference is a website published by the National Library of Medicine.
The Encyclopedia of the Human Genome
Encyclopedia of the Human Genome
Publication Date: 2005
Presenting a comprehensive and rigorously detailed overview of current research and its groundbreaking applications, this major reference work examines many peripheral topics surrounding the field such as law, ethics, medicine and public health, history, religion and industry.
Glossary of Genetics Home Reference
Glossary of the Genetics Home Reference
This glossary uses definitions from several sources including:
- Unified Medical Language System at the National Library of Medicine
- Human Genome Project Information at the U.S. Department of Energy
- Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary by Merriam-Webster Inc.
- GeneReviews from the University of Washington and the National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Dictionary of Cancer Terms from the National Cancer Institute
- Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms from the National Human Genome Research Institute